Рішення Правління №19/2019 від 30 квітня 2019
- Підтримати кандидатуру Наталії Тимків на виборах членів Правління Фонду Вікімедіа від афілійованих організацій.
- Надіслати афілійованим організаціям Фонду Вікімедіа та розмістити на Meta-Wiki листа такого змісту:
The Board of Wikimedia Ukraine is pleased to strongly endorse the candidacy of Nataliia Tymkiv (User:Antanana) for the second term for an affiliate-selected seat on the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation.
We believe that she is the right candidate to address the challenges our movement will face for the next three years for the following reasons:
- Excellent understanding of Wikimedia Foundation governance and ability to influence Board decisions. Nataliia knows well how to govern a complex organisation like WMF, and is good at making changes, particularly she led the bylaws review allowing user groups to vote in this election.
- Strong engagement in strategic discussions, most recently as a WMF Board representative in Roles & Responsibilities group. She is able to clearly present and defend positions on the most complex strategic topics and is committed to deliver on the 2030 strategy process for the good of the affiliates and the entire movement.
- Significant governance experience. Nataliia Tymkiv has a great track record as a leader: professionally as a chief financial director of one of the leading Ukrainian NGOs; in Wikimedia Ukraine where she led the transformation of our organisation during her term on our Board in 2012-16, and now as a chair of Board Governance Committee in WMF where she notably worked on increasing diversity of the WMF board.
- Outstanding community engagement. We believe that Antanana is one of the people with the best knowledge of challenges of different communities and affiliates in our movement. She keeps working closely with Ukrainian and Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) communities, and she gained a lot of experience working with both developed and emerging communities worldwide during her term. She also continues being an active editor and administrator on Wikimedia projects.
- Great communication and personal skills. We know her as an excellent team player, capable of clearly communicating with a variety of actors, from government organisations to small Wikimedia communities and from donors to staff members. She is also a caring person, good at both learning and sharing experience.
We are sure that Nataliia Tymkiv (Antanana) deserves our support for the second term on the Wikimedia Foundation Board and we wholeheartedly endorse her candidacy.
On behalf of the Board of Wikimedia Ukraine,
(«За» — одностайно)
30.04.2019, м. Київ